Features in the current version of Junkfind:
- No digging around in folders. Your complete folder structure is shown in
one single view. Small folders are hidden as needed to make space for big folders.
- Delete directories. Delete directories easily via a popup menu.
- View results while the work is being done. It can take a
few minutes to gather data on your disk. The intermediate results are shown
while it is working.
- Automatic updates. Through the Java webstart architecture,
your version of Junkfind will update itself whenever a new version is released.
- Drill-down functionality. If you want to see more details, double click on
a folder and a new view will be presented with that folder as the root.
The following improvements will be added as soon as I have time.
Junkfind upgrades are free and automatic, so you will get these features as soon as they are implemented.
- Browse folder. Right-click on a folder and select "browse folder", opens a file explorer
on that window (will probably only work on windows)
- Linux performance optimization. Use the "du" tool in linux to speed up
- Multiple windows. The ability to open a new window to drill down into
Any additional suggestions are welcome!